Today went for the chinese orientation. Apparently is a tradition in Manipal. The chinese, malays and indians will have segregated orientation. I think it creates the oppourtunity for seniors to know juniors and vice versa. To be honest, I didn't really expect much from it and I was darn tired after helping Dien shift to Old Chandarashekar. It turned out fun and exciting in the end. Walked to Acarya Compound with Jewel and Chien Ying. Seniors and Juniors were differentiated by black and blue ribbons tied to our wrist. A game session was prepared before dinner. We (juniors) all formed 6 groups of 8 people. I, along with Jewel and Chien Ying were in group 1 which comprised of 7 BDS students and 2 MBBS.
A total of 10 games were played and we (group 1) emerged as the winners (based on our score collected). However, we lost at the “distinction” round which made the runner up team as the overall champions. I felt the games were good as it somehow made us closer and get over with all the akwardness and nonsense in class. I just pity Wei Jie and another guy from MBBS (don't know his name) who have minor accidents. (WJ last toe nail tercabut and MBBS guy spectacles lens dropped out)
Dinner was served after the games. The dishes tasted okay. Every senior batch sent out a representative to give a welcoming speech. Most of the time they forgot to mention BDS batch 2 and we were all eye-rolling away. There were also singing and dance performances by sporting individuals. Batch 25 MBBS seniors also prepared a good sketch which send the whole crowd laughing. We left early due to the scary lucky-draw. The reason I used the word scary is because once you're pick, chances you might need to do something silly in front of the crowd despite getting a reward. Overall we did enjoy ourselve very much and good job seniors!



This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete