Interbatch competition is an yearly thing. It's a competition between batches where by the winning batch gets a day off of their choice. You have to earn points by joining the events. Normally it's held throughout the month of October, sometimes streching to november. There are two separate catogery; Sports and Cultural. Well, since BDS are lacking of people, BDS batch 1 and batch 2 were combined. After combining, we are still short of a lot of people as compared to any MBBS batch. From what I heard, we didn't do too bad. We won at least 2nd runner up for the events that we participated.
I helped up in the chess. I was so nervous especially upon hearing that our opponent are at least state player level. Never I my life have I go for a chess competition, not even witnessing. I say, I did try my best. For chess, we shared 3rd place with batch 25. Besides chess, I did joined in the Western group singing and also Western Instrumental. Both only securing 2nd place. (Tell you, the judges weren't being fair) I did helped Silk out in his Western solo singing by providing some minor background music along with Nigel. He sang Imagine by John Lenon. For groups we sang True colors. (*Evil grin* I managed to pull Sonia into this one. She has a very beautiful voice) I played Swan Lake for my instrumental. Judges felt it was too short so they let me settled only with 2nd. They were very apologetic for that. (I was up against 2 other guitar solos) I wasn't happy with the result, but hey, there is always next year. (I vowed to grab my prize back) Videos are all in facebook.

No comments:
Post a Comment