Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It Doesn’t End There

It just seem like yesterday I was boarding my plane from LCCT, along with many other fresh faces, toward our destination. Lots had happen across the past one year; 10 months and 3 weeks to be exact. I have learnt a lot, experience many things, and grew in many aspects. Memories of many events and incidents often flash back during this holiday; some grateful, some regretful. Being away from home indeed has opened my eyes to the World; many things you will have to judge for yourself, defend for yourself. Yeah, I made lots of friends, and yeah, I tried to stick my nose into every single opportunity that comes along the way. BDS year 1 wasn’t easy, and I’m still amazed at how I got through. Definitely God have showered me with tones of blessing. In times of distress, my dear sisters in Christ gave me much support. My lecturers are all so encouraging. “You’re not alone, We are here for you” have always been their logo since day 1. They continue to push us and make us achieve what we thought to be impossible. Dedication is what I see in the lecturers of MMMC. Non-stopped class test and block examination kept me in constant nerd mode. Some friends often pulled me out from my room and reminded me to have fun too. I have here put together photos of my year one journey, just for memories sake.




All I could say, I had a wonderful time and I want to make Year 2 to be even more joyous and meaningful. Let’s do our best BDS batch 2, make ourselves proud, make our family and friends proud, and make our patient proud.

5 comments:

  1. Your post is riddled with grammatical errors. Even your title is grammatically wrong! It's annoying. How on earth did you get into medical/dental school with this kind of english?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Mr. Anonymous, I have a question for you oh mighty one. Does it feel so tremendously satisfying to your ego to critique a person over the internet? The writer is just trying to chronicle her life and experiences in a foreign land, and this blog has aided many of us who were anxious about life in India pending our arrival. Do you feel superior just because you pointed out some grammatical errors that anyone with an elementary school graduation certificate would have realised? I'm sure that it is an accomplishment in and of itself that you have achieved that lofty level of education, but is there really a need to flaunt it? Please take into consideration that maybe English is not her first language and even though her posts may be, as you claim, "riddled" with grammatical errors, the level of English used is still good enough to carry her point across. Since you seemingly demand eloquence and perfect grammar in even a simple blog such as this, wouldn't your time be better spent perusing the thesaurus or the Encyclopedia Britannica in search of even the most miniscule typographical error? I'm sure that would give an abundance of meaning to your life since nitpicking seems to be the nucleus of it. My good man, the criticism that you parlay onto the screen does not indicate the presence of a bright mind as you may have foolishly hoped. It is a shining beacon of your insecurity and shows signs of a possible inferiority complex on your part. Yes, she managed to get into dental school, and is excelling despite her less than perfect English, while you sit behind a computer screen and type meaningless words between sips of Diet Coke and handfuls of chips, trying to impress your fellow net denizens with a few words of incompetent bravado. Knowing that fact just kills you at your very core doesn't it Mr. ANONYMOUS? Oh well, c'est la vie eh? By the way, feel free to correct any grammatical error in my post if you find any, and if you are still interested in saving the world from the contagion of the bad grammar epidemic, give me a call whenever the urge strikes you, so that you may grasp and fondle every punctuation that escapes from my lips in the vain hope of correcting my diction. But do not tarry, because everyone knows that the world would implode upon itself if the threat of people using less than stellar English is not eradicated! Only you can save us Anonymous hero(whom I believe has genetically-induced shrunken testicles due to the fact that he chose to use an anonymous ID instead of his real name).
      Satisfied with this rebuttal on my coursemate's behalf? I understand that sarcasm is almost impossible to convey through the mere media of written words, but I think that you, such a brilliant individual, would appreciate my efforts. Good day! XD

      Delete
  2. I admit that my English is bad. And yes, many of my post are full of grammatical errors. I will try to improve on it. If it really annoyed you that much, by all means don't pop in here. All I wish is to record my experience and share it to those who really appreciate it. It takes more than a good command of English to get into medical/dental school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. to the rude english teacher up there, if u feel annoyed, then just kindly click 'x' on the right top corner of your screen! u are not even welcomed! the purpose of this blog is to help out people who are in need like the juniors. this is neither English essay nor literature! next time if u want to post such a comment, have the guts, log in and don't appear as anonymous. it only shows that u r being an idiot and coward. shame on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ryan - Look I dare to show my identitySeptember 8, 2011 at 9:28 PM

    if you feel the blogger's grammer is that bad, then why u wasted 30 minutes of your life reading this blog. Kindly go to www.gogetalife.com to get a life a guy that dun dare to post his/hers identity while telling ppl off. Coward.

    ReplyDelete