Friday, November 25, 2011

The Impomptu Meeting

I bet you never see this coming, either do I. Our program just got granted another 25 seats and they sent another extra 21 students one month after class have already started. And remember how we or rather I complained on how “There goes our chance of being caring and hospitable seniors” (prove: http://crybabylair.blogspot.com/2011/08/settling-in.html), we got the chance to experience that with this 21 new members of BDS 3. Well, I can say, they are one bunch of bubbly, fun and sporting people.


They arrived at Manipal on a Friday night, all tired and worn out with the long hours flights and bumpy bus rides. Their official orientation was on the next day. In the morning they all gathered at the hostel’s lobby. I got the privileged to lead them to their classroom. (chose the shortcut through Acar Shop) After prostho class that morning, I popped by to see how everything was going on, which ended up being involve in the help desk. And oh, we re-performed Re-Lax; just to kill time while we wait for the dean to arrive. I did the help desk with Kern Wen and the mentor for that desk was Dr.Smitha (really miss her classes). She had 3 mentees with her named Esther, John and Ivan. They reminded me how I was like when I first meet my mentor. That was one year back.


Since they were relatively lagging behind, their time table is really packed for the 1st block. They compromised on the afternoon free time on Saturdays and have lesser practical hours. Poor bunch of people. In the afternoon, we brought them out to get their textbooks, lab coats and showed them around Tiger Circles.  


The plan for dinner was kinda ruined. We initially wanted to bring them to Thailin but there weren’t enough seats. We went to Medan Selera instead. I hope they didn’t mind the food there. There were more talking than eating. Well, I can say I bond with this group better than the original batch. I know it’s kinda late, but all the best for this block. Don’t feel let down because you’re new and lagging behind, instead work harder and prove you too can do it not much lesser than those who started earlier. All the best!



Ps: yes, now MMMC’s BDS program has 75 seats. Quickly apply batch 4 peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment