Thursday, November 10, 2011

Welcome Party for Batch 3

Greetings! Here am I, in this ungodly hour, blogging. Just woke up from my really long nap, which was supposed to be an hour or less. Going to have an SDL test and con’s dentistry competency test today. Anyhow, do forgive me for being MIA (missing in action). It’s been almost a month since I last log in here. Shall continue the list of things I need to blog about. I will continue with the orientation programs.  

We organized a Welcome Party for Batch 3. It was held at the Rotary Club. Since our seniors did one for our batch last time, so we thought why not make it a BDS tradition. Hope the next batch will host one for their juniors. It took a lot of time to discuss and finalize the whole event. We decided to hand-made the door gifts. 



Food was from Medan Selera, a change from the usual Manipal Canteen. At first we were quite discourage that only a few juniors are attending. We put so much effort to plan it, and they wanted to flush it all down the drain. Only after calling and dragging them out from their hostel did we managed to gather ALMOST everyone. Just lacking by one.

Some of us went there early to set up the whole place. We had balloons placed around the stage and chairs arranged in circle form. Basically we turn the whole place into a party ground.


Bhairavi and I were the MCs for that night. All of the seniors were ask to wear their “I <3 Manipal” t-shirt.


 We did a roll call, just like how the lecturers take the attendance in the class after which we arranged the senior and juniors with the same roll number to seat next to each other. We got everyone introduced themselves and then played an icebreaking game.  Whoever fails to give the correct name will have to write MANIPAL using their head.


 Later we allow our Muslim friends to excuse themselves for their prayer time and we had a short interaction time. Jo-Vyne got the whole crowd to play some mini games to kill the time. Dinner was served after that.








At around 8pm, we started the Shuffling game. Everyone was actively participating and I can say that this game broke the awkwardness between one another. 


 However, what they don’t know is that the winners got a “surprise” prize installed for them. Once the game ended, we did a short performance of the Curry Neh dance. (I think it was super not synchronized.)


The surprise was that the winners have to do the Curry Neh dance before receiving their actual prize. What more we asked them to pull one of their friends to join them. Everyone did enjoy themselves on stage.


We had a group photography session after everything ended.


We handed them their personal door gift before they left. (They were actually reluctant to leave)




The event was a success. Okay, back to my studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment