Good morning. Been sleeping till late noon the last few days; guess I’m still suffering from a lil’ jet lag. Shall now resume my list of things to blog about. Next up, the faculty dinner.
We had it a day after our block IV exams at Chaitya Hall, Valley View Hotel. Sad to say, everything about it was last minute. Cloud and Tian Yuan did the invitation cards. The cards looked lovely don't they?
I thought it would not be memorable if we just have dinner and no performance. There would be really little interaction between the lecturers and students. After church service, Cloud and I sat down to brainstorm what to perform. Initially, we wanted to rewrite the lyrics of “Give me sunshine” from 3 Idiots but we were really out of time. Luckily, I stumbled one video in YouTube. It was a dentist version for the current hit song in India “Kolevari Di”. We decided to sing that. We also planned to end the event with a closing song. After much discussion, we agreed to sing “Do I make you proud” by Taylor Hicks.
We started the event by inviting our dean to give a speech. We seldom see him as he always busy with other commitments elsewhere. I was surprised that he turned up and indeed very happy. He thanked us for the dinner and gave us a few words of encouragement for the future. He said there would come a day where post graduate study is inevitable to survive. With the many new start up dental schools in Malaysia, I agreed with him. 5 years of BDS won’t be sufficient.
After that, we invited Dr. Arun to give a word or two. He has always taken care of our welfare in the absence of Dr. Dilip. Later, our dedicated ex-CRs and CR represented the whole batch to give their short sharings and word of appreciation to the lecturers.
Before dinner, Cloud and I performed the dental version of Kolevari Di. We projected the video up and once the music started rolling, all smiles were on the lecturers face.
After that, dinner was served. We interacted with the lecturers and fellow batch mates. After everyone finished their meals, we had a big group photo.
We played the “Snowing in Manipal” for the lecturers to see. The same gang of people who performed in the Chinese orientation sang along with the video. We ended the event for that night with closing song. Half way through the chorus, I almost shed tears.
After that, as a form of thank you, we all bowed together to the lecturers. I hoped that the action has touched them. Please remember us, Batch 2!
Before letting any lecturer go, we grabbed the chance to have one to one photo with them. It was sad that not all lecturers turned up. It would have been nice to see all 10 of them plus the other staffs there that night.
Once again, thank you, the dental faculty of MMMC (Manipal)!
Do we make you proud?
Photo credits: Yung Yee, Elayne, Chen Wei



















Great post . This article is really very interesting and effective. I think its must be helpful and informative for us. Thanks for sharing your nice post.
ReplyDeleteemergency dental clinic Manhattan NY
Emergency dental services Manhattan NY
Smiling doctors always spread smiles!! great to see smiling faces which automatically reflects on patients as well
ReplyDeleteDentist Mumbai