Friday, August 26, 2011

University Exam + Dreadful Viva Voces

Yes, I’m officially done with my BDS Year 1. Medical school is definitely not a joke; I never studied that hard before. Rings and rings of dark circle constantly built up. Appetite was also lost.

Right after our block 4 examinations, we were given only 2 weeks to prepare for finals. It was definitely a nerve-wrecking, mental tug of war and physically challenging. Everyday was like rushing for a deadline, knowing that the work that we going to produce isn’t our best. Many of my batch mates camped in the library throughout the 2 weeks. Fear of not able to finish constantly popped out in our mind. We can’t even eat a proper meal without thinking of what’s next to revise. As the day approaches, some even skipped their sleeps just to continue reading. The most surprising paper was anatomy. Questions were really tailored nicely; those that really wasn’t expected at all. It really set up our guard the rest of the 3 paper. There was a day interval between the subjects.

Once theory was over, everyone was relieved a bit. There was a week gap between the theory part and practical part. The practical were okay. There weren’t many variations in the questions. What is scary was the Viva Voces. There are altogether two types of viva conducted; Borderline Pass and Distinction. One examiner will be from MMMC, another from one of the colleges around and there will be one observer from one of the public university of Malaysia. The Malaysian examiner was from UM. Her name was Prof. Dr. Zubaidah. By God’s grace, I was qualified for all four distinction viva voces. I wanted to skip anatomy’s viva. Thx to my friends, they pushed me to go for it. It kinda set the momentum up of each viva. Anyway, I wasn’t confident at all for the viva and just tried my best. Will promise to work even harder for year two. For all my batch mates, congratulations and enjoy your hard earn holiday.

2 comments:

  1. the vivas were scaryyy.. especially dental anat, still a nightmare for me.. n our hard-earned holiday are finishing! im so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. Cloud, you boleh one la. Year 2 4Ds for you hor? Btw, I haven't start studying for the DM and prostho... die liao la

    ReplyDelete